While the UK may never quite rival our American counterparts when it comes to celebrations for Halloween, as a nation we are getting much more involved with festive décor for Christmas! More and more families are sharing the seasonal spirit with their neighbours and here at ALC, we are loving it!
Artificial grass is as popular as ever here in the UK. As well as the many benefits this can bring a homeowner throughout the year - no need to water, mow or use pesticides and much more besides - it also provides the perfect backdrop for decorating the exterior of your home over the Christmas period.
'Tis the Season
Without the need to prepare your lawn in advance, decorating the outside of your home in December just got a whole lot more exciting! What's more, any decorations you put up won't have an adverse effect on the quality of your lawn when it comes to taking them down - now, that's a win-win!
Our Favourite Ideas
Without further ado, take a look at some of our favourite festive ideas for your outdoor space:
- Keeping with tradition - wreaths on the door, icicle lighting hanging from windows and a beautifully lit tree is an easy and simple way to spread the Christmas cheer this year
- Inflatable snowmen and Santa Claus figures are a novelty way of decorating that the kids just can't get enough of!
- Use solar fairy lights or lanterns to light your path and driveways, with foliage garlands around windows and doors with a dusting of fake snow - a great way to have a White Christmas this year!
- A festive treasure hunt in the back garden - decorate with trees and wreaths and stash sweet treats and presents for children to hunt for on Christmas morning - just remember to not leave any valuables out in the open
- Fill some planters with floral Christmas favourites - poinsettias, roses, ivy, snowdrops and mistletoe for a natural and festive splash of colour to bring your garden to life. Protect the soil with plenty of mulch and add pine cones for extra decoration
It couldn't be easier to make your garden look picture perfect this Christmas, so why not have a go and let us know how you get on? We'd love to see your pictures! Whether you are a traditionalist, love to make the kids smile or are a festive light fiend, now is the time to give your garden a Christmas makeover.
For more information about re-vamping your garden with artificial grass, please contact our team here or browse our blog for more ideas to bring your garden to life.