Choosing the Best Artificial Grass for Your Needs
Making the decision to move towards artificial turf for your home or business is one that will bring a whole host of benefits, but it is crucial to ensure that you are choosing the best artificial grass for your individual needs. With so many different types of lawn available – from residential through to commercial and grass suitable for pets, sports and children – choosing what best suits your needs and requirements is essential to ensure longevity on your investment.
With so many options available, choosing the best artificial turf for your needs may seem a little overwhelming, but here at Artificial Lawn Company, we are here to help. Put together in one handy place, we review each type of synthetic grass available, discuss the pros and cons as well as recommendations based on budget, maintenance and environmental impact.
Residential and Garden Lawns
Artificial grass is becoming more and more commonplace within residential gardens, and with the quality at hand these days, is often hard to distinguish from a natural lawn. This makes it the perfect choice for someone looking for a lower-maintenance garden without compromising on the aesthetic of their outdoor space.
Which Lawn is Best?
- The Luxury Lawn is a highly realistic, top-of-the-range lawn that will transform the visual appeal of your garden. Featuring four different colours, the 40mm pile is both straight and curled for a natural look and feel
- The Elite Lawn is the most realistic-looking turf on the market; the 40mm pile blends three different fibres in six different shades of green for a hyper-realistic aesthetic
- The Landscape Lawn is slightly shorter, coming in at 30mm, but gives your outdoor space a more refined aesthetic. The two-tone blades are highly durable and look great no matter what the weather
These lawns are so easy to maintain, with minimal effort required to ensure your lawn is kept in tip-top condition no matter what the weather. A quick brush on a regular basis will keep the blades looking neat and tidy, as well as regularly removing debris and leaves. Cleaning your lawn simply could not be easier with the use of a hose to rinse and wash down. Always remember not to use metal garden tools as these can damage your lawn.
Artificial lawns are most commonly found in residential gardens and it isn’t hard to see why. Not only does it mean that your garden is free of mud and weeds, but you save time and money without the need to mow and water your lawn, too. Choosing the best artificial turf for your garden ensures your outside space looks great all year round.
Lawns for Dogs
Any dog owner will tell you that their pet is a creature of habit – and when it comes to your garden, this can often leave lasting and unsightly damage when it comes to their favourite spots. With the best artificial grass for dogs, though, you can say goodbye to unappealing brown and yellow stained grass and have a garden to be proud of all year round.
Which Lawn is Best for Dog Owners?
When you have pets, the ideal artificial turf will have a shorter pile, much like the Pedigree Grass – as seen at Crufts 2018. The shorter pile makes it easier to clean up any messes, and is much more durable in terms of outside play and increased footfall from your excitable furry friends.
At just 15mm, this fake grass is the ideal choice for dog owners. All of our available lawns are safe for use with pets, no matter what the weather, as well as proving to be a cost-effective and low-maintenance option. Easily cleaned in minutes making it a hygienic alternative to natural grass, the blades are also safe for dogs and their sensitive paws as well.
Suitable for home use, as well as for use with agility training and dog runs alike, the Pedigree Grass will make life with dogs a walk in the park!
Lawns for Sport
Whether you are looking for the best artificial grass for playing sports in the garden or for heavier usage, there are a number of different lawns available to utilise. Sports surfaces require a much more durable lawn due to heavy footfall which can lead to more wear and tear in certain areas – such as on a football pitch. Further to this, some sports require a more specialised surface for performance purposes, such as putting greens.
The Right Lawn for Sporting Activities
- Putting Greens – the grass required for a putting green needs to be much more robust than your average lawn. For amateurs at home and clubs looking for high spec lawns, a putting green needs to look its best at all times and maintain quality over time in order to reduce the impact on gameplay. Premier Curl gives an exceptional lawn for putting greens which will delight fervent golfers and professionals alike
- Sports that require a firmer surface for play, such as tennis and basketball, are regularly played on fake grass. Sand filled artificial turf such as the Tough Lawn provides the firmer ground underfoot that these sports demand, reducing negative impact on players as they run and jump
- More intense games such as football are prone to pitch wear and tear, but there a number of different turfs available that not only reduce damage over time but provide platers with a high-quality pitch too. True Lawn, Tough Lawn and Luxury Lawn are ideal for this purpose
Here at Artificial Lawn Company, we stock a wide variety of grasses that are not available within our standard range which are perfect for dedicated sports pitches. For more information, simply contact our team.
Lawns for Schools
More and more schools are making the move towards artificial grass than ever before, and it isn’t hard to see why. The benefits for schools are tenfold due to the extra demands placed upon them across all seasons, making it imperative for a durable and reliable play surface.
Benefits for Schools and Nurseries
- Durable and long-lasting – perfect for playtime and Physical Education
- Flexible to suit odd shapes and spaces in playgrounds and outdoor spaces
- Cost-effective – no ongoing labour intensive maintenance such as watering or mowing required
- Look good all year round with minimum effort required for upkeep
- Safer than alternatives such as natural grass which can be slippery and muddy in wet weather, as well as tarmac and woodchip which can be troublesome for trips and falls
- Easy to maintain on a long-term basis
- Won’t go patchy or bald due to increased use
- No unsightly muddy patches or puddles to deal with
- Happy parents don’t need to deal with grass stains
The best artificial turf for use in schools and nurseries would be the Play Lawn as it is durable, resilient and has excellent recovery from heavy footfall. The three-toned, 35mm pile is perfect for playing and learning.
Looking to Save Money?
Contrary to popular belief, having a high-quality artificial lawn won’t break the bank thanks to the availability of our Easy Lawn. Despite being our most affordable option, we don’t compromise on quality, as demonstrated with this 25mm pile straight and curled turf. We keep costs down by removing the need for a sand infill without reducing the overall quality of the end product.
Lightweight and durable, this fake lawn is available to order by the metre and offers the same great benefits as our other lawns when it comes to maintenance and upkeep, all while looking pleasing to the eye. Easy to install, this budget-friendly artificial lawn will transform the look of your garden in no time at all.
Lawns for Roof Gardens and Terraces
Having a great looking garden is no longer reserved for those in the suburbs – the addition of artificial turf can transform a roof terrace with ease for those living in more urbanised areas and in need of some greenery. That being said, a roof garden is a wonderful addition of extra outdoor space for anyone that has space.
Which Grass and Why?
In many ways, artificial grass is ideal for use on a roof or terrace, as it is lightweight and drains with ease – which is very important in smaller spaces with a potential weight limit.
When looking for the right lawn for your terrace or roof garden, you need to consider a shorter length grass that can be used with Lawnflex tiles. The addition of this underlayer provides you with ample space for drainage and also provides a softer feel underfoot, giving your rooftop garden a more natural feel, despite the height.
Shorter pile grasses available in our range include Leisure and Landscape. Leisure gives a very fresh and soft feel for a more natural appearance which is ideal for smaller spaces or balconies, whereas Landscape offers a slightly longer pile with a beautiful aesthetic – perfect for gardens in the sky and terraces.
Turf for Exhibitions and Displays
Any business that works the exhibition circuit will know the importance of a well-designed display and the impact it can have on attracting a crowd, and ultimately the success of the event. The aesthetic you present can really make or break the day, so the materials you utilise need to be of the highest quality, which is where the best artificial turf comes into play.
Not only is artificial grass a great way of bringing your exhibition space to life, injecting some much-needed colour and creating a talking point, but it can also make your business stand out from the crowd.
Choosing the Right Lawn for Your Display
When setting up at an event, it is important to create an appealing visual to catch the eye of potential customers or clients. With that in mind, there are two lawns that would be the perfect addition to your exhibition display - Prestige Lawn and Easy Lawn.
Prestige Lawn is a rich and dense fake grass, giving a feeling of luxury and opulence from the 40mm pile. A highly polished lawn which has a strikingly realistic appearance thanks to the varied straight and curled pile.
Easy Lawn is slightly shorter in pile length at 25mm, but the three-tone colour mix ensures that this grass is a high-quality option to those with a slightly smaller budget for exhibitions and events.
Both options give a natural and professional feel to any display, ensuring that your display is the one that stays at the forefront of people’s minds.
The Environmental Impact
These days, more and more consumers and businesses alike are working towards being as green as they can be, and knowing the environmental impact of purchases such as an artificial lawn is crucial.
Whether in use in your garden, on a roof terrace or within a school or exhibition, investing in artificial turf can be a great way to reduce your impact on the wider world.
- Less electricity and water used compared to maintaining a natural lawn – from mowing, watering and cleaning up grass stains and muddy footprints
- Eliminate the need for pesticides and chemicals
- Introducing green spaces into places where you would not usually see it – such as roof gardens and in urban schools gives way to the introduction of flowers and plants – actively encouraging insects and birds into these areas
The Best Artificial Grass for Your Needs
With so many options available, knowing the different types of artificial turf available and their specific benefits when utilised in a variety of scenarios – such as residential, commercial and in schools or with pets – is of paramount importance. Whatever your reason for looking for the best artificial grass around, you can rest assured that you will find the perfect option to suit your needs.
From improved family life through to keeping your pets and children safe and happy and attracting a crowd at your next event, you can rest assured that by finding the best artificial grass for your purpose, you will soon be reaping the rewards.
Want more information? Please do not hesitate to contact our team for more information.